Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wall Responds To Coach Cal's Criticism of His Play


John Wall doesn't seem to be as happy as early on in the season. His body language is reflecting on that during the games.


John Wall doesn't look like he's smiling as much as he was earlier in the season.

Lex 18's Alan Cutler asked him if that was true and Wall agreed.

John Wall was called out by Cal after the Cats lost to South Carolina. Cal was trying to defend Patrick Patterson who was taking a lot of heat for his play, and at the time, he was critical of Wall.

"I don't know. He said I played awful," says John Wall.

"I didn't think I played that bad. I don't know what to expect. He's probably going to say I played bad today too so. I don't know. I just try not to listen to him and go out and play basketball and try and help my team win."

You could hear it in Walls voice that he was down. Cal's comments bothered him.

"Yeah, I think it's going to bother any player when he tells you that."

Wall is searching for answers. He's not sure why he's so unhappy.

"To be honest, I really haven't been having fun for the last two weeks. It's just being frustrated and things like that so, I just got to figure it out before we go further in league play."

Frustrated with how your playing, the team is playing, what is going on, is it just a lull in the season ?

"'Frustrated with everything. I don't know, one through twenty. Any ideas it is."

Wall looked as if the Cats lost two in a row by the lack of emotion he was showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment