Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Marquis Teague UK recruiting update

Teague's list of schools, isn't getting, shorter...Nope. it's getting bigger. He has said he is now considering The North Carolina Tar Heels, and even though he hasn't recived an offer from UNC he's still hoping to visit their campus this Fall. He still has Cincinnati, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State Purdue, and Wake Forest. Wake Forest could be bumped of soon, because he hasn't had a lot of contact from them recently.


Here's what Teague has to say about his list of schools:


Louisville -"They've been there from the get-go, one of my first offers. I just love coach Rick Pitino and the style he plays. They like to run and get after you and blow people out. They don't want any close games, they just want to blow people out. He's going to push you and make you work hard. When (former Pike assistant and recently-hired Louisville assistant Shabaka Lands) was here, he was kind of a yell-at-you-scream-at-you type of coach. That's how Coach Pitino is. He'll push you and get the best out of you. I think (Lands) brought the best out in me and and I think Coach Pitino gets the best out of his players."


Indiana- "Coach Tom Crean and I have a real good relationship. When he calls, we talk about more than basketball. He'll ask me how my girlfriend is doing and how I'm doing in school. He's real cool. I have a good relationship with him. That's important. If you're going to play with somebody, you have to have a good relationship with them. You don't want to be bumping heads. I've seen his style at Marquette in the Big East and they like to run. That's how he wants to play at IU, he's just trying to get the people there to do it with."

Purdue- "I just came from Purdue (the weekend of Aug. 29). Assistant coach Jack Owens and coach Matt Painter are some great guys. They are fun to be around. I've been at many of their games and I like the way they coach. They don't hold E'Twaun (Moore) back or (Robbie) Hummel back. They let them play and that's how I like it. Their a good defensive team, too."

Kentucky- "Coach John Calipari is a great coach. You saw what they did at Memphis. He hands you the ball and just tells you to play. If you are good enough to go, you do what you do. He said he hands his main man the ball if they are good enough to make decisions to create for everybody. He's known for putting people in the NBA and that's what I want to do."

Cincinnati- "I really like their coaches; they are great guys. They've got Lance (Stephenson, a highly-ranked prospect from New York) up there and he's about to do real good. I talk to him sometimes. He tells me how it goes. He said the coaches are still cool when you get there, but they push you and that's what I want. When they get on that court, they let you play. They want to win. I work out with (former Arlington star) Deonta Vaughn a lot and tells me they let you play if you do the right thing with the ball."

Ohio State- "Coach Thad Matta doesn't really play that much of a fast pace, but he wants to change that and get up and down. He always has dominant teams. With Jared (Sullinger) and Deshaun (Thomas) coming in, he wants me to come in and run the point. He said he wants to change the whole style. He's a great coach and let Mike Conley make a lot of great decisions when he was there and lead the team. He'll tell the point guard to go out and lead the team. I hang out with Deshaun a lot and spend time at his house when I'm in Fort Wayne. Jared's really been trying to get me to come to Ohio State."

North Carolina- "Great program. They have a lot of championships. They are one of the best teams in the country, if not the best. Every year they have five or six All-Americans on their team. I haven't seen the campus yet, but my brother told me it was really nice. I'm going to get down there and visit whenever I get a chance and get to know more about them and their program."

No comments:

Post a Comment