Monday, February 1, 2010

Marquis Teague is Liking the Cats


Top junior high school basketball prospect Marquis Teague is liking the University of Kentucky. Kentucky is high on his list of schools. 6' 2" Teague, said after his team's 66-55 loss to Bloomington South on Friday that he plans to pick a college after this high school season ends and before his AAU season begins.

"I like Kentucky a lot," he said. "I want to go down there and take a few more visits, get to a few games. I haven't been down there as much as I've been everywhere else. I like Coach Cal a lot. We have a great relationship, so that's a great school."

He's planning to visit the UK UT game in Rupp Arena.

"I've been watching a lot of (UK) games," he said. "I love watching John Wall play. He's a great player, and Kentucky is a great program. They've got, what, five freshmen? And they're dominating."

He says he likes how Wall and Eric play, mostly their aggresive ways. He thinks that he could really fit in with UK.

"Their games are similar to mine, pushing, scoring in transition a lot, playing full-court defense, all that," he said. "I can see myself doing that style."

He also likes UK rival, U of L.

"My father didn't want me to jump in to anything to quick," Teague said. "I really wasn't going to commit anywhere because my father wouldn't allow me. But they're one of the tops on my list."

Hopefully he'll commit to Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment